Missing school is hard for children and families. We want to help by sharing engaging and exciting ways to continue learning.
Usborne Books & More offers many free resources, which encourage reading, learning, and fun. These are perfect for independent learning or provide activities that are perfect for collaboration.
Free Activity Sheets (click here)
● Free puzzles, cooking activities, and drawing, doodling, and coloring pages
● Perfectly accompany titles from Usborne Publishing
Teach Your Monster to Read (click here)
● Covers everything from letters and sounds to reading full sentences
● Designed in collaboration with learning academics
● Compliments all synthetic phonics programs used in schools
● Computer version is 100% free
● Find recommended websites that enhance Usborne books
● Listen to pronunciation guides for Usborne Language books
● Download free pictures, puzzles, and quizzes.
Kane Miller Books
● Hands-on activities with our award-winning books from around the world
● Promotes fun and learning
● Word searches, coloring pages, word scrambles, and more!
Teacher Tips & Study Guides (click here for lesson plans)
● The guides are perfect if you already have the book or if you have a copy on the way
● Thoughtful discussion questions to encourage engagement and learning
We also have a fantastic selection of activity books, homework helpers, and boredom busters that you can purchase on our Learning from Home resource page HERE.
We are offering additional ways to find the books your child will love.
Learning Resources by Grade features 14 books for Pre-K through 8th grade and grades 9+. Two new categories Travel the World with Books and Books that Comfort, provides even more ways to Learn from Home.
With Easter right around the corner, we have expanded our Easter category to include Easter Baskets for Infants and Toddlers and Easter Baskets for School-Aged Children.
Learning Palette online has made this service available to customers FREE for 60 days, for a limited time. There is no need for a credit card or any commitments at a later date.
Learning Palette online is a self-correcting online product, which includes access to 55 titles (35 Math and 20 Reading) for Grades K-5. This is a total of 660 lessons and 7920 questions! The online version mimics the hands-on version of Learning Palette and is aligned to State and National educational standards. Most importantly, it is FUN!
Access Learning Palette online HERE. Simply enter your email address and name and you can begin playing today!
There is also a Learning Palette set that is not online. You can find more about it here in this video created by my daughter who is learning to create videos in school. Here is the video. Some of these resources are already sold out but I do have some in stock so just let me know. Order it here.
We are committed to helping you get through these times of uncertainty as much as we can. We will get through this together.
Lastly, remember the best thing you can do during this time is to build your relationship with your child. Don't stress out about their learning, just let them guide you. They will be ok. Don't forget to subscribe below for a free audio story!
You are the best!